Promat MASTERBOARD® is a versatile Class 0 building board suitable for use in a wide range of internal and semi-exposed applications. It is a material of limited combustibility and can be used in constructions providing up to 30 minutes fire protection. It is simple to work and fix, easy to decorate, resistant to the effects of moisture and will not rot or decay.
Promat MASTERBOARD® is BBA approved (certificate No 90/2500).
Promat MASTERBOARD® is a calcium silicate board reinforced with selected fibres and fillers. It is formulated without inorganic fibres and does not contain formaldehyde.
Promat MASTERBOARD® is off-white in colour and has a smooth unsanded front face with a sanded reverse face. It can be left undecorated or can be easily decorated with paints, wallpapers or tiles.
Moisture Resistant Systems for Swimming Pools
Promat has developed a moisture resistant ceiling and wall lining system specifically for use in swimming pool and other high humidity environments.
The high performance system, which can be used to form a seamless ceiling and wall lining, incorporates Promat MASTERBOARD® moisture resistant calcium silicate board, a corrosion resistant metal support structure and a Steridex® protective coating. System benefits include:
- Seamless system providing greater design flexibility
- Tested and warranted system backed by three component manufacturers
- Proven performance when subjected to high humidity and corrosive atmosphere
- Hygienic surface prevents the growth of mould and bacteria
- No risk of warping, disintegration or failure of ceiling or wall lining
- Steridex® protective coating forms the final decorative finish
- Smooth or textured, matt or gloss, hygienic or biocidal surface finish
- BBA certification
Wall linings can be formed using a similarly treated metal support system to ‘dry-line’ block walls, using Promat MASTERBOARD®. These linings can be finished with Steridex® protective coating or can be tiled using suitable adhesive and grout. For full wall lining details please contact Promat Technical Services Department +44 1344 381 400.
The system has been successfully installed throughout the UK and Ireland in more than 200 swimming pool projects over the last 10 years.