240 minute solid partition - System Details
System No. 5.40.7
240 minutes fire rating, integrity and insulation in accordance with the criteria of BS 476: Part 22: 1987.
Estimated sound insulation: Rw 42dB
Nominal thickness of partition: 101mm
- First layer: Promat SUPALUX® board, 25mm thick.
- Second layer: Promat SUPALUX® board, 25mm thick.
- Third layer: Promat SUPALUX® board, 25mm thick.
- Fourth layer: Promat SUPALUX® board, 25mm thick. Board layers either sandwich the perimeter angles or are fastened to one face. First two layers are independently fixed to perimeter angles with M4 steel self-tapping screws at 300mm nominal centres. Vertical and horizontal board joints staggered by minimum 600mm between layers. Edges of boards fastened to opposite layer with 13mm wide x 45mm long steel staples at nominal 150mm centres on both sides of each joint. Third and fourth layers are fastened to the adjacent layers around the perimeters and down the centre of each panel with 13mm wide x 45mm long steel staples at 150mm centres.
- Galvanised steel angle, 50mm x 32mm x 1.2mm bedded on Promat PROMASEAL® Intumescent Sealant. Angle fixed to surrounding construction through the 32mm leg with M6 anchor bolts (or equivalent) at 400mm nominal centres.
- 13mm x 45mm staples at 150mm centres.
NOTE: Maximum height of partition 5m.
For technical enquiries regarding this system, please contact the UK Customer Relations Team on 01344 381 400 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.