60 minute protection to steel beam - System Details
System No. 4.70.1
Protection to steel beams supporting concrete floor - 60 minutes fire rating, loadbearing capacity (for steel beams above) in accordance with the criteria of BS 476: Part 23: 1987
- Promat SUPALUX® boards, 9mm thick (square or bevelled edge).
- Promat SUPALUX® fillet, 75mm wide, 9mm thick.
- No rock wool required.
- Fire rated ceiling channel section, minimum 60mm x 27mm x 0.5mm at 600mm or 610mm centres (primary channels are lipped).
- Fillets fixed to underside of primary and cross channels and perimeter angle using M4 x 25mm long steel self-tapping screws at any convenient centres. Promat SUPALUX® boards fixed through fillets to channels and perimeter angle with M4 x 25mm long steel self-tapping screws at nominal 300mm centres.
- Rigid hangers at 1000mm centres (fixed to steel beam or concrete soffit).
- Structural steel beam.
- Concrete floor slab.
Perimeter steel angles 50mm x 50mm x 0.7mm thick are fastened at nominal 400mm centres to the concrete or masonry surrounding structure using minimum M4 x 32mm long steel screws into noncombustible plugs or equivalent.
For technical enquiries regarding this system, please contact the UK Customer Relations Team on 01344 381 400 or email email@example.com.